Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Dinosaur fossil textures

Kindergarten moved to their next element of art, texture! We watched a short video about Texture and then a brief disscussion about fossils, what they were and how they become fossils. Then we talked about the different textures we would be using, clay, dinosaur bones, and paint. I gave them a piece of clay the size of a baseball on a paper plate they I had ready beforehand so it's easier to hand out. Then they wedged the clay or pounded it with their fists to about the size of a pancake. This was tricky for some students who pounded it to much so the clay was too thin. I gave them each a plastic dinosaur that they pressed into the clay. I ordered them off of amazon. I carved their initials on the back for them. Then after a fired them we painted them with a brown tempera wash and then I wiped the excess off with a sponge to reveal their skeletons!

No comments:

Post a Comment